Tourism brings more than just financial benefits to the cities it blesses. It revitalizes and invigorates communities. … Cities are also confronted with a number of challenges: they need to provide a consistent image to new tourists, develop new attractions, promote their unique destinations etc.
How important is tourism in your hometown?
Tourism boosts the revenue of the economy, creates thousands of jobs, develops the infrastructures of a country, and plants a sense of cultural exchange between foreigners and citizens. The number of jobs created by tourism in many different areas is significant.
How can tourism benefit a local area?
In many places the introduction and development of tourism allows local people an opportunity for economic and educational growth that would not otherwise be available. In addition, it allows both the tourist and the local community a chance to experience other cultures, which broadens understanding.
What are the benefits of tourism?
Tourism brings many benefits, including but not limited to the following few:
- Growth and boost in Economic activities.
- Boost wide scale industry revenues.
- Infrastructure development.
- Country’s improved brand image.
- Source of foreign exchange earnings.
- Source of employment generation.
What are the benefits of tourism for a city?
The Advantages of Tourism
- Economic. It brings in money. …
- Opportunistic. It provides jobs. …
- Infrastructural. It provides a means and an incentive for investment in infrastructure such as roads, rail networks, and local medical and education facilities.
- Environmental. …
- Cross-Cultural. …
Is tourism beneficial to the environment?
Tourism and the environment can be mutually supportive
In a number of destinations, tourism helps to ensure higher water quality and better protection of nature and local natural resources. It can generate additional resources to invest in environmental infrastructures and services.
How does tourism affect the environment?
Tourism puts enormous stress on local land use, and can lead to soil erosion, increased pollution, natural habitat loss, and more pressure on endangered species. These effects can gradually destroy the environmental resources on which tourism itself depends.
How does tourism benefit the host community?
Tourism can be beneficial for the host community as it provides the financial means and the incentive to preserve cultural histories, local heritage sites, and customs. It stimulates interest in local crafts, traditional activities, songs, dance, and oral histories.
How does tourism benefit the host community economically?
The supply of direct and support services such as transport, accommodation, catering, souvenirs and other shopping to tourists should help stimulate the local economy, create jobs, bring additional income and hence improve the quality of life of community members.
What are the benefits of tourism essay?
Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of Tourism
- Employment: Tourism provides employment opportunity for local people. …
- Growth of Service Sector: Services sector engaged in tourism sector get the most out of tourism sector. …
- Foreign Exchange earning: Many tourist destinations attract a good number of foreign tourists.