You can also become a tour guide through an apprenticeship or traineeship. Entry requirements may vary, but employers generally require Year 10. Entry to this occupation may also be improved if you have relevant experience in the hospitality or tourism industries.
What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
In order to be registered as a tourist guide in South Africa, a person must meet the following minimum requirements:
- must be at least 21 years of age;
- must be a South African citizen or be in possession of a valid work permit;
- must have undergone training with a CATHSSETA-accredited training provider;
Is it hard to become a tour guide?
It’s a competitive field, and you’ll have to work hard to keep your coveted role. You need to be dedicated, but you also need to know how to have fun. You’ll live out of a suitcase, answer hundreds of questions every day, and work with many different personalities and cultures from all over the world.
Is tour guide a good career?
A tour guide gets the opportunity to see the world. It is a job with no time limit. You have to work for a long 12 hours in a day and may be that on the next day you will be free. It is a good career industry but very competitive.
How can I join tour guide?
To become an approved guide, you have to pass entrance exams. The Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management conducts guide training on behalf of the Ministry of Tourism. They advertise in the papers once in 2 years or so. You have to apply once the ad appears.
How much money do tour guides make?
The average hourly wage in the U.S for a land tour guide is $13 per hour, while the average annual salary for a tour guide is $23,000 in America.
Do I need a Licence to be a tour guide?
You don’t need a licence to guide in London unlike, say a drivinglicences, taxi licence or to practice various forms of healthcare, etc. You just advertise yourself as a guide and there you go.
Why I want to be a tour guide?
Six reasons to become a tour guide
- Enjoy a happy workplace. It means you can mix to the max – your work colleagues will be like-minded people who just love to talk travel. …
- Earn while you learn. …
- Get a ticket for the world. …
- Get the inside story. …
- Have the best contacts book. …
- Enjoy lessons for life.
What is another name for a tour guide?
What is another word for tour guide?
What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
Disadvantages of Being a Tour Guide
- Tour guides often have to work on weekends.
- Your schedule can change without prior notice.
- You don’t make much money as a tour guide.
- Many tour guides need a second job to survive.
- Short-term contracts are pretty common.
- Seasonality plays a big role in the life of tour guides.
What are tour types?
Types of Tour Packages
- Independent Tours.
- Escorted Tours.
- Hosted Tours.
- Incentives Travel/Tours.
- Freedom Tours.