No matter where you come from, having a good grasp of the German language will give you a better chance of getting a job in Austria. … And if you are from an EU or EEA country, you will be able to live and work in Austria without a special work permit or visa.
Can a foreigner get a job in Austria?
Work visas in Austria
If you are from outside of the EU and EEC, you will need to obtain a work permit to work in Austria. Luckily, an Austrian employer may recruit a foreign national but they must apply for approval and an employment permit from the regional employment office.
Who is eligible to work in Austria?
All EEA and Swiss citizens can work in Austria without having to apply for a visa. All third-country nationals who want to stay in Austria for more than 180 days are required to obtain a work visa. Austria considers third-country nationals those who are not EEA citizens or Swiss citizens.
How can I get a job in Austria?
As a Highly Qualified Worker from a third country, you have two options: You can either enter Austria under a Job Seeker Visa to look for work here. If you receive an employment offer during the validity period of the visa, you can apply for a Red-White-Red card at the competent residence authority in Austria.
Which jobs are in demand in Austria?
Austria-wide shortage occupations
- Graduates in power engineering (DiplomingenieurInnen für Starkstromtechnik) …
- Technicians with a higher level of training (engineer) for power engineering technology (TechnikerInnen mit höherer Ausbildung (Ing.) …
- Agricultural Equipment engineers (LandmaschinenbauerInnen)
Is it hard to get job in Austria?
Austria is a popular destination to work in for many reasons. … Whilst the country has a competitive job market, workers with the right skills, qualifications and a valid Austria visa for non-EU and Schengen citizens will find that sourcing work in Austria isn’t as difficult as it might appear.
Can you work in Austria without speaking German?
Work in Austria with no German
It’s possible to find a job in Austria without speaking their language, as the country has a large labor market, low unemployment rate (4.9%), good international connections, and branches worldwide.
How do I become a resident of Austria?
Applicants are required to provide the following to apply for a residence permit:
- A valid and signed passport.
- Birth certificate.
- Recent passport-size picture.
- Proof of accommodation in Austria.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Proof of sufficient financial means.
How can I make money in Austria?
Here are some ways that students in Austria can make money easily.
- Get a Saturday job in Austria. …
- Get a part-time job in Austria. …
- Get an internship in Austria. …
- Get help from the government. …
- Take part in paid surveys and experiments. …
- Donate plasma.
How can I get citizenship in Austria?
Austrian citizenship can be acquired by descent, award, extension of the award, etc.
General requirements for naturalization
- In general 10 years legal and continuous residence in Austria, therefrom minimum of 5 years with a residence permit.
- Integrity. …
- Sufficiently secured maintenance.
Can I work in Vienna with English?
As Vienna is in an EU country, citizens of other EU and EEA countries are free to live and work there without needing any special visa or permit.
Does Austria speak English?
The official language of Austria is German; however, Austrian German differs greatly from that spoken in Germany. … While many Austrians know some English, they often hesitate to speak English unless it is necessary for foreigners to communicate with them.
Is it easy to immigrate to Austria?
The process of moving to Austria is much easier if you are an EU or EEA citizen, primarily because you do not need a visa to live there, nor a residence or work permit. Those from a non-EU/EEA country will need to apply for a visa. … Also, Austria ranks high for levels of satisfaction.
Is it expensive to live in Austria?
Living Expenses in Austria
A recent report by CEOWORLD Magazine ranked Austria as the 18th most expensive country to live in the world. Neighboring Switzerland was ranked the most expensive.
What is a good salary to live in Austria?
What Is a Good Salary in Austria?
- In Austria, the net monthly salary between 2,000 EUR and 3,000 EUR is good, and over 3,500 EUR is very good. …
- In 2021, for a working person living in Austria net monthly income of 2,000 EUR and 3,000 EUR is considered to be good.
How much money do you need to immigrate to Austria?
The principal applicant must deposit at least 400,000 euros in a local bank. Another solution is to deposit at least 20,000 euros for each adult family members (including the applicant) and 10,000 euros for each dependent child. The prove of a stable monthly income of 2,000 euros is also a must.