Through these guided tours of campus, Tour Guides share their BGSU story and experiences, educate visitors about general pre-admission requirements, academic and campus life, as well as the history, traditions and achievements of the University.
Why should I be a campus tour guide?
I love sharing all of the positive experiences that I have had as a Titan, and I love being part of your college decision process. My hope is that you truly enjoy your visit to UW Oshkosh and that it’s a unique and beneficial experience. I highly encourage you to come visit campus and take a tour with me!
What does a student tour guide do?
Guides are also finding places for families to take selfies, offering individual tours, going off script to share personal experiences and leading scavenger hunts. At some higher ed institutions, soon-to-graduate high school students are not the only ones invited to tour campus.
How do you lead a campus tour?
The Secret Life of a College Tour Guide: Six Tips for Admissions Officers
- Minimize down time. …
- Be flexible with the script. …
- Find ways to display/ cover hard-to-visit areas. …
- Suggest prospective students walk the campus. …
- Be prepared for difficult questions. …
- Tell stories.
What skills and abilities do you have to be a good campus tour guide?
Here are qualities a great tour guide should possess:
- Knowledge of the Tour Area.
- Ability to Communicate Effectively.
- Strong Empathy and Understanding.
- Charismatic Personality.
- Keen Ability to Improvise and Adapt.
- Focuses on Building Rapport.
- Engaging Storyteller and Actor.
Is campus tour guide a good job?
As a current student, becoming a campus guide or orientation leader could be a great way to make some money while sharing with others how much you love your school. These jobs are often somewhat flexible and can work around your class schedules.
Do college tour guides get paid?
Campus Tour Guides in America make an average salary of $27,800 per year or $13 per hour. The top 10 percent makes over $42,000 per year, while the bottom 10 percent under $18,000 per year.
What does a tour guide say?
After meeting members of a tour on arrival guides perform the following introduction. It includes a tour guide’s full name, tour operator’s name, business address and other supporting information. Here you find some examples of welcoming.
What does the tour guide do before the tour?
Before the beginning of a trip, the tour guide will provide the tourists with clear instructions about how to deal with the local culture. They also avoid taking tourists to dangerous places where there are probable chances of security threat for the tourists.
How much does a tour guide make?
The average salary for a tour guide is $20.48 per hour in the United States and $60.00 tips per day. 2.7k salaries reported, updated at December 20, 2021.
How do you interview a tour guide?
General tour guide interview questions
- How would you describe yourself as a tour guide?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What are your career goals?
- What’s your greatest strength as a tour guide?
- What’s your greatest weakness as a tour guide?
- Why did you want to become a tour guide?
How do college tour guides answer questions?
Yes, the student is groomed to give canned responses to some questions but talking to the tour guide is the best way to get a feel for a college.
What makes a good campus?
A successful campus is easy to get to and to get through. It is visible and identifiable from a distance. The edges of a campus are very important and shouldn’t be parking lots or large, blank walls of buildings. The campus needs to be accessible for pedestrians, bikes and public transit.
What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
In order to be registered as a tourist guide in South Africa, a person must meet the following minimum requirements:
- must be at least 21 years of age;
- must be a South African citizen or be in possession of a valid work permit;
- must have undergone training with a CATHSSETA-accredited training provider;
What makes a tour guide confident?
They’re confident with the details of their job.
They know their routes like the backs of their hands and set their guests at ease. This helps guests feel confident and comfortable, even if they’re doing something that feels adventurous—and it’s reflected in tips.
How do I become a good tour guide?
10 Tips for Being a Good Tour Guide
- Face the crowd, not what you’re talking about. …
- Be personal. …
- Tell a story (historical or contemporary). …
- Get moving right away. …
- Don’t worry about being perfect. …
- Get help to get organized.