You will need to bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, one recent photograph, your current and all old passports, and the original visa fee payment receipt. Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.
What do I need to bring for US visa appointment?
You must bring the following documents to the interview:
- Appointment Letter – The interview appointment letter you received from NVC.
- Passport – For each applicant, an unexpired passport valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States.
How should I dress for US visa interview?
Choosing Your Attire for US Visa Interview
Although there is no dress code, it is best to dress formally. A suit for men or an elegant outfit for women would be a sensible choice. Also, make sure that your clothes are clean and ironed, and that you look well groomed.
What documents do I need for US student visa interview?
The following documents are required for submission during the Visa interview:
- Form I-20.
- Only confirmation page (with barcode) from DS-160 application.
- MRV payment receipt (from Standard Chartered)
- Receipt from SEVIS I-901 payment.
- Passport (must have 6 months and above validity after the date of arrival in the US)
What should I bring to my F1 visa interview?
What to Bring to Your F1 Student Visa Interview
- A valid passport; must be valid for at least 6 months after you plan to enter the USA.
- Non-immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 (you can print the confirmation page online)
- Receipt of your application payment.
- Receipt of your I-901 SEVIS fee payment.
Do I need to bring photo for US visa interview?
When applying for a nonimmigrant visa, you are required to upload a digital photograph taken within the last six months as part of completing and submitting the Form DS-160. You should also bring a copy of your photograph to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the day of your interview.
Does Malaysia need visa to USA?
Do I need a visa to the United States? Yes! Malaysian travelers must have a valid visa to enter the United States. We recommend applying for the B1/B2 Visa as it’s available for tourism, business, or medical purposes.
How can I introduce myself in visa interview?
Walk-in, say good morning/afternoon and introduce yourself with a firm handshake. This will show that you are confident and will help you start the interview on a positive note. Listen carefully and answer clearly.
What are the common questions in US visa interview?
Following are few of the common questions asked during the United States Visa interview:
- What is the reason for your travel to the United States? …
- What is the duration of your stay in the United States? …
- Where will you be staying? …
- Where do you stay in India? …
- Who is going to cover your expenses during the travel?
How can we avoid rejection of US visa?
Try to apply for your visa three months before your planned travel to the U.S. This will give you enough time in case there are delays at the embassy or wish to make an appeal in case your visa is denied. Find out more about the required documents and the conditions you have to meet to apply for the U.S. student visa.
What is the five month rule?
The five-month rule refers to the termination of your record in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) due to you being away from classes or not in status for five months.
How much is US visa fee in Malaysia?
|Fee Amount (USD)||Fee Amount (MYR)||Description|
How long does it take to get US visa in Malaysia?
Although visa processing time is typically four – five working days, processing time for specific cases may vary due to individual circumstances and other special requirements.
Are transcripts required for visa interview?
Tip: You should have all important paperwork ready and available at your visa interview, including your high school transcripts, passport, DS-160 confirmation page, F-1 visa application payment receipt, a copy of your visa photo (make sure your visa photo meets all requirements), and I-20 from the college or university …